Mr Serge Luke
MD 1996 Novosibirsk; FRACS (Urol) 2014
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Minimally Invasive Urological Surgery
- Reconstructive Urology
I am a Urological Surgeon with subspecialty interest and expertise in minimally invasive (laparoscopic or keyhole) surgical techniques for treating urological conditions.
I completed my surgical training under Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) in New Zealand and then undertook fellowship training in Australia with Dr Mark Louie-Johnsun, one of the Australasian experts in laparoscopic surgery and specifically laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
I grew up in Siberia and graduated from Novosibirsk Medical School in Russia. I also completed my internship years there. After that I spent 2 years doing medical research on polycystic kidney disease in Heidelberg University in Germany.
Attracted by the wonderful lifestyle of this country I moved to New Zealand in 2005 and was admitted to the surgical training program in 2006. I underwent general surgery and urology training in Wellington, Auckland and Hamilton.
Having completed fellowship in advanced laparoscopic urology in Australia I also travelled to India where I learned modern techniques of reconstructive urological procedures (such as urethroplasty for treating urethral strictures) with Dr Sanjay Kulkarni, one of the most renowned experts in the world.
Post Fellowship Training
Positions & Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Urological Society of Australasia
- Member of Société Internationale d'Urologie
- Member of Uropean Association of Urologists
- Consultant Urologist, Dunedin Public Hospital
- Visiting Consultant Mercy Hospital Dunedin
- Visiting Consultant Timaru Hospital